Sunday, March 6, 2011

Mom and Dad...Don't Look

The events of this day are pretty indescribable, so I'll let the photos do the talking.



The world's first bungee jump at the Kawarau Bridge, 142 feet high.



It looks like I got more wet than I did. My shirt was pretty dry. Nelly on the other hand came prepared to go all the way in. Surprisingly I was not scared at all, I psyched myself into being excited instead of nervous. I didn't even hesitate on the jump!
From there we headed over to the Nevis bungee which is nearly 3 times as high as the bridge. The jump is from this pod which is suspended over the canyon. I went into the pod to watch him and began having a panic attack. That thing sways and is definitely not for the weak of heart.




After Nelly survived that jump, we headed over to the Nevis Arc which is the world's highest swing. We did it tandem first and then Nelly did it alone, upside-down. This picture is from the pod we swung from.


Nelly on his solo swing. First person to spot him gets a big hug.



Needless to say, this is how we ended the day.



Location:Queenstown

2 comments:

  1. Too late ... I looked. You guys are TOO much. That's a shallow river under the Kawarau bridge. I could just hear them say, "Ooops. Sorry. We miscalculated." As far as your other activities in Queenstown, only the last pictured one gives me any comfort at all. Was this all in ONE DAY? What's the encore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for warning us, but I had to look to make sure it ended well. Boy, I am so glad that is over. Thinking about you two jumping made my stomach churn even more than doing it myself. Wow, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete